Marketing Design Manager – Graphic designer
Are you a brilliant designer who is also a marketing guru and brand steward? This
The position is perfect for someone looking to expand their creativity. We are looking for a talented and innovative designer to manage the visual identity of the Discovery Place brand, develop concepts and produce all designs used for marketing and promotional purposes presented through visual communication mediums such as digital, social media, print, outdoor, signage and print. collateral.
The ideal candidate for this hands-on design role has advanced design skills and experience on branding projects. As a Graphic Designer at Discovery Place, you will be responsible for creating engaging and visually appealing content across all marketing channels. You will work with our team to create marketing materials that represent the Discovery Place brand and engage our audience.
If you have a passion for design and are looking for an opportunity to use your skills in a fun, exciting and dynamic environment, Discovery Place may be the place for you!
This is not a remote position only. Please upload your portfolio and cover letter.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce concepts and manage design implementation for all Discovery Place marketing campaigns and special exhibition promotions. Generate ideas and design solutions. Develop an original creation. Help define the creative vision for the Discovery Place brand and marketing campaigns.
- Oversee all marketing design projects from concept to delivery. Manage, plan and prioritize the production of all marketing creatives including digital, social, print, outdoor, signage and collateral.
- Support strategic brand initiatives to advance/evolve the Discovery Place brand and support Discovery Place strategic initiatives. Help manage design agencies as needed.
- Responsible for protecting the visual identities and integrity of the Discovery Place brand. Maintain and champion brand standards across all Discovery Place platforms.
- Work closely with content marketing and digital teams to develop visuals in support of strategic priorities across all marketing vehicles and channels.
- Serve as an internal creative resource, providing a high level of design and creative implementation to internal clients.
- Collaborate with teams across the organization and at each museum to translate museum experiences and initiatives into compelling visual design. Coordinate with design and exhibit/experience exhibit teams.
- Provide creative direction for photography and videography, supporting as needed.
- Manage print providers. Create finished artwork files and prepare instructions for printers or installers. Review evidence as needed. Supervise other vendors such as sign installers. Supervise the production and installation process. Responsible for quality control and press checks as required.
- Keep files of project logos, photos and artwork and other source materials.
- Manage freelance designers as needed.
- Other assigned tasks.