IBM offers free online courses through its SkillsBuild program – Back End News
Technology company IBM hopes to help the IT-BPM workforce upskill and thrive in the new business landscape. The advent of hybrid working after the pandemic will require new skills for employees to easily adapt and adapt to different roles.
Recognizing that the Philippines is a global leader in the IT-BPM industry and remains at the forefront of voice and non-voice BPM as well as IT services, IBM has begun offering free online courses through its SkillsBuild program.
Citing the Philippine IT-BPM Industry Roadmap 2022, IBM said that over the past 10 years, the industry has achieved significant growth in global market share, with overall market growth projected at a rate of compound annual growth (CAGR) of 9.2% from 2016 to 2022 to reach $38.9 billion by 2022.
IBM Opens Innovation Camp to Address IT Skills Gap in PH
IBM Philippines Enters Public-Private Partnerships to Advance Computer Education Efforts
With the impact of technological developments on the transformation of industries and businesses, the same report indicates that the convergence of four major digital trends, big data and analytics (BDA), the internet of things (IoT), the ‘automation and artificial intelligence, and cloud computing, significant impact on the IT-BPM sector.
As new technologies allow the sector to move up the value chain, the transition to higher level skills will continue. By 2022, as reported by Frost & Sullivan, 73% of jobs in the IT-BPM industry will require mid- to high-level skills.
Free Basic Tech Skills Classes
The IBM SkillsBuild program offers more than 1,800 free, self-paced online courses in technology and business skills, as well as project-based learning, qualifications and coaching.
Here are some IBM SkillsBuild online courses that will help Filipino talent prepare for basic technologies and workplace skills:
- Emerging Technology is an introduction to new technologies that are changing work roles
- AI Foundations is a basic introduction to the principles of artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Data analysis teaches how to interpret and apply raw information
- Data science explains how companies can use data to grow their business
- Cloud and quantum computing will focus on how data science evolves to solve bigger problems faster, safer and more efficiently
- Cybersecurity Fundamentals addresses the principles of outmaneuvering hackers to keep organizational data secure
- Workplace Professional Skills will focus on the basics of human-focused skills such as collaboration
- Mindfulness explorations will help employees understand why mindset is essential to excel at work
- Preparing for your first job will give new graduates insight into the organizational skills, such as time management, needed in the workplace